Saturday, September 13, 2014

GRATTITUDE FOR THE ATTITUDES!

I have been receiving so many heart warming letters and phone calls from people who have read my book Jennifer Needle in My Arm. It's amazing how many people have had their families destroyed by drugs through a family member who was unable to fight the addiction with any success.

I've learned through the road of disaster that there comes a time when you have to say to yourself, "My child is not here. That's a demon that has taken over her body and soul." That is the only way I could describe it.

I remember Jennifer being so proud when she brough home her DARE certificate when she was ten years old. She knew how my brother's death from drugs had impacted all of our family--especially her grandmother. She used to tell me, "Mommy, why is Uncle Lance making grandma so sad all of the time?" It was hard to explain this away to my little daughter who was only seven at the time. Eventually I told her that her uncle had an illness called drug addiction. She told me, "Ma, you know you never have to worry that will happen to me."

She was ten years old. Who could predict that within 10 years, she would be traveling the same road as her uncle.

I still have that certificate from DARE. Just don't have my daughter.
xoxBonnie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment